Atheist Foreign Exchange Students

Here is the place to talk about NTCOF as an organization, what it does or could/should do, how it can do better, its presence on Facebook, Twitter, AtheistNexus.org and so forth.
tim

Atheist Foreign Exchange Students

Post by tim » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:10 pm

Hello North Texas Church of Freethought -

My name is Rebecca Cartier, and I work with the AFS Foreign Exchange Student Program here in the Dallas Fort Worth area placing students with host families for the year. It is unfortunate, but it is often difficult to find host families for students who mark their religion as "Atheist" in their application. I wanted to reach out to you and see if you might have a means to help us distribute information on these students to networks of like-minded individuals -- in an effort to reach potential host families.

AFS has been leading international high school student exchange for more than 60 years, and our students come from all over the world and have a variety of interests and activities.

Please let me know if your group might be able to help. You may email me at rcartier@afs.org or my phone number is 646/381-3328. We would appreciate your help. Thanks!